Enrollment Verification Policies and Orders
Expand for options below.
- Enrollment Verification orders cannot be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
- Verifications can be issued for current or previous semesters. Santa Monica College cannot verify future term enrollment, even if you are registered and have paid your fees.
- Questions about Enrollment Verifications ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to email@example.com or 310-434-3704.
- For fastest service, download and complete the Verification Requestform and email it, along with any third party paperwork you need completed, to Verification@smc.edu.
- Third Party Paperwork must be submitted as a PDF file to be processed, image files will be rejected and you will be asked to be resend in appropriate formatting. You can download third party scanner apps in your smart phone's app store if you do not have access to a scanner.
- We are temporarily suspending the $3 processing fee.
- Verifications will be processed free of charge in 1-3 business days.
- Note: Internet ordering accommodates two types of requests: DEGREE VERIFICATIONS (for third party requests) and ENROLLMENT VERIFICATIONS.
- Enrollment Verification online request form: Please note that verifications made online through "National Student Clearinghouse" are designed primarily to meet the needs of third-party inquirers. From the National Student Clearinghouse system, the student will only receive an email confirmation of their enrollment which is similar to the information that they can print themselves from Corsair Connect. The email confirmation is not on college letterhead or contains the college seal, which some companies require.
- Santa Monica College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide
enrollment and degree verifications. The National Clearinghouse can be reached at:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
- If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Online requests are taken 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a service charge.
Requesting Enrollment Verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse will:
- Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
- Authorize and process your credit card payment.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.
For inquiries on enrollment verifications, contact: