Enrollment Verification Policies and Orders
Expand for options below.
- Enrollment Verification orders cannot be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
- Verifications can be issued for current or previous semesters. Santa Monica College cannot verify future term enrollment, even if you are registered and have paid your fees.
- Questions about Enrollment Verifications ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to email@example.com or 310-434-3704.
- International Students (Attending on F1 Student Visa) must request enrollment status verification letters through the International Education Center, you can reach them at IntlEd@smc.edu for further information.
- Complete the Enrollment Verification Request Form for each semester you need verified. Requests submitted more than five days prior to the start of a semester will be rejected.
- The standard verification template will provide the student's total units and enrollment status, if you require specific information included in the letter please specify your requirements in the "Special Instructions" field on the request form.
- If you have paperwork from third party you need completed you can upload and attach it to your enrollment verification request form. Be sure to complete any student information on the form before you attach it to your request.
- We are currently only delivering verifications via email, you can provide up to six email recipients per request.
- Note: Internet ordering accommodates two types of requests: DEGREE VERIFICATIONS (for third party requests) and ENROLLMENT VERIFICATIONS.
- Enrollment Verification online request form: Please note that verifications made online through "National Student Clearinghouse" are designed primarily to meet the needs of third-party inquirers. From the National Student Clearinghouse system, the student will only receive an email confirmation of their enrollment which is similar to the information that they can print themselves from Corsair Connect. The email confirmation is not on college letterhead or contains the college seal, which some companies require.
- Santa Monica College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide
enrollment and degree verifications. The National Clearinghouse can be reached at:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
- If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Online requests are taken 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a service charge.
Requesting Enrollment Verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse will:
- Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
- Authorize and process your credit card payment.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.
For inquiries on enrollment verifications, contact: