English Department

Pursuing an English Degree


Students in classroom

Degrees and Certificates

Currently, there are no degrees or certificates offered in English at Santa Monica College (though we hope there soon will be!). Most students should plan to transfer to a four-year institution to continue their education toward a degree in English. Transferring students who wish to qualify for an Associate degree before leaving Santa Monica College should discuss their plans with a Counselor before selecting classes.

Transfer Preparation

Most colleges and universities offer baccalaureate degrees in English. Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university need to know which courses completed at Santa Monica College will be accepted at the specific college/university.

Program Map

Potential Career Options

Counselor Speaking to Student

Need help planning for your major?

Our counselors are here to help you plan your academic classes, goals, and needs.

See an Academic Counselor