SMC music students are eligible to rent storage lockers for the term (as available; first come, first served), during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms.
- The $10 term locker rental fee is paid through the SMC bookstore (at the bookstore, not online).
- After the rental fee is paid at the bookstore, go to the Music Office (PAC 211) to request/select a locker.
- At the end of the term, after emptying the locker, visit the Music Office to receive a $5 rebate coupon.
- Students need to supply their own lock.
SMC music students enrolled in certain classes (see information below) are eligible to rent a practice room key for the term (available during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms).
- The $15 key rental fee is paid through the SMC bookstore (at the bookstore, not online).
- After the rental fee is paid at the bookstore, go to the Music Office (PAC 211) to request a key.
- At the end of the term, return of the key to the Music Office to receive a $5 rebate coupon.
Practice Room Hours for Fall and Spring Semesters:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sundays and Holidays: Closed
For Winter and Summer hours, contact the music office by phone.
SMC music students enrolled in any of the courses below are eligible to rent a practice room key for the term (see instructions, above). Current participants in the Applied Music Program are also eligible to rent keys during Winter and Summer terms even if not enrolled in one of these classes.
- Music 1 (Fundamentals of Music--Scholars Section Only)
- Music 2-8 (Musicianship, Harmony) Music 2-8 (Musicianship, Harmony)
- Music 10 (Popular Harmony and Arranging)
- Music 12 (Intro to Music Technology)
- Music 13 (Tonal Counterpoint)
- Music 19 (Orchestration)
- Music 40 (Opera Workshop)
- Music 45 (Musical Theatre Workshop)
- Music 50 (Voice)
- Music 52 (Adv. Prod. – Musical Theatre)
- Music 53 (Jazz Vocal Ensemble)
- Music 55 (Concert Chorale)
- Music 57 (Adv. Vocal Performance Techniques)
- Music 59 (Chamber Choir)
- Music 60,61,65,66 (Piano)
- Music 70 (String Instrument Techniques)
- Music 71 (Woodwind Instrument Techniques)
- Music 72 (Brass Instrument Techniques)
- Music 73 (Percussion)
- Music 74 (Orchestra)
- Music 76 (Intermediate Brass, Woodwinds, & Percussion)
- Music 77 (Wind Ensemble)
- Music 78 (Jazz Ensemble)
- Music 79 (Jazz Improvisation)
- Music 84, 87 (Guitar)
- Music 94 (Concert Music Class - Applied Program)