TA 50 – Advanced Production, Full Play
Spring ’21 – Section 4290
The Trojan WomenA new adaptation by Perviz Sawoski from the play by Euripides
AuditionWill be via video submissions only. Submissions will close at midnight on January 23, 2021.
- Provide an unlisted or public YouTube link of a 1-minute dramatic monologue. The monologue
can be either modern or classical.
- Hecuba - Queen of Troy
- Cassandra - Hecuba's daughter
- Andromache - Hecuba's daughter-in-law and wife of Hector
- Poseidon - A God
- Athena - A Goddess
- Talthybius - A messenger
- Helen - Wife of Menelaus
- Menelaus - Helen's husband
- Chorus of the captive women of Troy
- Soldiers, Gods and ensemble playing minor characters
Video performances will be available beginning May 17, 2021.
Questions? Please email Perviz Sawoski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the production requires enrollment in the advanced production class, TA 50. There are fees involved.
Santa Monica College productions are non-union and non-paid.Casting Eligibility Requirements
TA 52- Advanced Production, Full Play
Fall '20 - Section 4386
Radio Ghost Stories Revisited,
A dark comedy by Terrin Adair
The Podcast Hour
Audition (Zoom)August 5, 6:30 p.m.
Zoom Meeting ID: 975 8622 5550
- Present a 1-minute comic monologue
- Perform a quick pantomime/movement
Please wait in the Zoom waiting room until you are admitted for your audition.Questions? Pease email Terrin Adair, email@example.com
PerformancesVideo performances will be available beginning December 8, 2020.Participation in the production requires enrollment in the advanced production class, TA 50.
TA 55 - Advanced Production, Small Theatre Venue
Fall '20 - Section 3523
Les Romanesque (The Romancers)Non-musical version of "The Fantastiks" By Edmond Rostand
Zoom Audition (attend one)
July 29, 6:30 p.m.
July 30, 6:30 p.m.
September 2, 6:30 p.m.
- Prepare a 3-minute monologue
- Please email Judy Louff, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive the audition form. Email your completed form to Adrianne Harrop, email@example.com.
- Please wait in the Zoom waiting room until you are admitted for your audition.
PerformancesVideo performances will be available beginning November 10, 2020.
Participation in the production requires enrollment in the advanced production class, TA 55.
There are fees involved.
Santa Monica College productions are non-union and non-paid.
TA 45 - Musical Theatre Workshop
Fall '20 - Section 3520
Musical Theatre Workshop
Audition / 1st class meeting (Zoom)
August 31, 12:45 p.m.
- Be prepared to sing a 1-minute excerpt from musical theatre (or related genre), unaccompanied or with a karaoke track.
- Register on Zoom in advance for this class meeting. After registering, you wil receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- You may enroll in the class through Corsair Connect before the first class meeting.