New Students

Incoming Transcripts


Mailed Transcripts

If you attended a U.S. college or university and you wish to have your prior coursework evaluated for credit or any other petitions, official transcripts (or Advanced Placement reports) must be sent directly from the issuing institution to:

Santa Monica College
Admissions & Records
1900 Pico Boulevard
Santa Monica, California 90405

NOTE: Transcripts issued to you, even if in a sealed envelope, will not be accepted. SMC will only grant you course/degree credit based on official transcripts received directly from the issuing institution.

Electronic Transcripts

Electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution through an accredited electronic service, such as Parchment, Credentials, or the National Student Clearinghouse. ​​If the order system for the accredited electronic service requires an email address for the recipient, you may provide this email address:

Note: We do not accept transcripts as email attachments.

Foreign Transcripts

Refer to our webpage on Foreign Coursework for further information. 

Transcripts for "Under 18 Hold"

For steps on how to remove an "Under 18 Hold", visit Under 18 Hold.

Homeschooled Students

For information on required documents for homeschooled students and students from non-regionally accredited high schools, visit Homeschooled Students.