Refund of Enrollment Fees
A refund will be processed automatically and mailed to you once the refund process for the term takes place. If you owe fees, the college will deduct the amount owed and refund you the difference. Make sure your mailing address is up to date to prevent delays from receiving your refund.
Refunds are only scheduled to run once or twice per terms. Please allow another 3-6 weeks to receive your refund in the mail.
- Summer session: Week 4
- Fall semester: Week 5 and Week 11
- Winter session: Week 2
- Spring semester: Week 5 and Week 11
- Students withdrawing before the refund deadline will receive a 100% refund of enrollment fees (minus a processing charge of $10).
- Fees owed will be deducted by SMC from any potential refund or financial aid disbursement.
- Refunds will be applied automatically to any fees owed for an upcoming term.
Refunds Resulting from Cancellation of Classes
In the event that a class is cancelled by the administration, a refund will be automatically be processed and mailed to you according to the terms above.
Opting-Out of A.S. Activities, ID Card, and Student Representation Fees
To opt-out of these fees, contact the Cashier's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be specifc in making the request--which fees you are opting out of, and also include your SMC ID number. You must make the request prior to the earliest refund deadline for your classes. Requests received after this time cannot be processed.
Questions on Refunds