STEM counselors are available to help you plan your academic goals. Meet with a counselor at least twice a semester to support and guide or assist you with academic and career planning. Counselors also assist students with selecting academic majors, exploring transfer options, and developing plans to meet your educational goals (certificate, AA/AS, transfer).
STEM Counseling Appointments available by phone & zoom
STEM counseling services will continue to be offered remotely (by phone & zoom) for all students.
Please follow the steps below:
- If you are in the STEM program, you can continue to make online appointments through Corsair Connect. Instructions on how to make an appointment online can be found here: Counseling Appointments, Online Self-Scheduling
- NOTE: all appointments will be PHONE/VIDEO Appointments. Please DO NOT come to campus.
- Mark your appointment in your personal calendar to remind you to be available during this time.
- Ensure your phone number is updated in Corsair Connect by selecting "Enrollment Services" and then "Profile/Preferences".
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to adjust your cell phone settings to allow phone numbers outside of your contacts or "no caller ID" incoming calls at the time of your phone counseling appointment. If you are not available to answer your phone at the start time of your appointment, the appointment will be cancelled.
If you are NOT in the STEM program you can still make a counseling appointment by emailing STEM@smc.edu or by calling 310-434-3988.
To Schedule a phone appointment with a STEM counselor:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 310-434-3988 (longer wait times will exist for phone requests)
- Have your availability ready. Please include a few options for dates/times preferred. (For example: Mon/Wed between 2-4 p.m.)
- Identify yourself as a student who is making a counseling appointment
- Leave your name, contact info, student ID#, and availability.
- Don't forget to indicate if you'd prefer a PHONE or VIDEO appointment
You can also always contact us by emailing email@example.com.
NOTE: If technical issues arise, please send a screen grab and as much info as possible
in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Thank you! -STEM Team
STEM Counseling Schedule
|Fall 2021: WeekS 1-16|
|Debbie||N/A||9a.m. - 3:30p.m.||9:30a.m. - 2pm||9a.m. - 4p.m.||N/A|
|Jose||8a.m. - 3p.m.||8a.m. - 3p.m.||8a.m. - 3p.m.||8a.m. - 3p.m.|
|Marian||8a.m. - 5p.m.||8a.m. - 5p.m.|
|N/A||8a.m. - 1p.m.||8a.m. - 1p.m.||8a.m. - 1p.m.|