Western Governors University (WGU) is a private, nonprofit, online American university based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The university was founded by 19 U.S. governors in 1997 after the idea was formulated at a 1995 meeting of the Western Governors Association. The university uses a competency-based learning model, with students working online.
WGU is proud to offer special benefits for the graduates and staff of our partner community colleges including:
- 5% off WGU's affordable tuition for up to four terms
- Eligibility to apply for the WGU Community College Partner Scholarship, valued at up to $2,000
- Opportunity Grant (valued at up to $10,000)
- EOPS Scholarship (valued at up to $5,000)
- Military Appreciation Scholarship (valued at up to $2,500)
- Cybersecurity Scholarship (valued at up to $5,000)
- And more!
- College of Business
- Teachers College
- College of Health Professions
- College of Information Technology