Student Support

American University of Paris


SMC students will be granted guaranteed transfer admission provided that the following requirements are met:

The student has received IGETC certification by the time s/he transfers to AUP

The student has acquired a minimum of 45 UC/CSU transferable semester credits at SMC by the time s/he transfers to AUP

Her/his cumulative UC/CSU transferable Grade Point Average is equal or superior to 3.0 ("B")

The student is in good disciplinary standing at SMC

AUP Financial Aid Information

In order to be eligible for institutional financial aid at The American University of Paris, you will need to fill out FAFSA and AUP's Financial Aid Application for Guaranteed Admitted Students. AUP's FAFSA code is G07881 (0 as in zero). Please note that the AUP Financial Aid application must be accompanied by tax returns and income statements (W2 forms usually) in order to be reviewed. If you are 23 or younger, please attach your parents' documents. If you are 24 or older, please attach your documents.

If you plan to apply for financial aid, please submit the following documents to your admissions counselor Jen Boucher ( in PDF format:

  • A personal statement essay of 500 words or fewer following a prompt from the Common Application
  • A second essay of 300 words or fewer in response to your specific interest in studying at AUP
  • A list of your extra-curricular activities and work experience or a resume
  • 1-2 Letters of Recommendation, preferably from academic sources (optional)

AUP requests these additional documents for students applying for financial aid because scholarships are awarded based on merit and need. You may submit these documents after your acceptance.

Federal regulations prohibit AUP from administering U.S. federal loans (Stafford or PLUS loans) for any student participating in this program during the time spent at AUP. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who qualify may still apply for a private Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan for all legitimate educational and living expenses.