Available Services and Resources
Although the Center for Students with Disabilities is closed for in person contact until further notice, our office is continuing to provide services to our students.
Here is how you can reach us:
- Call 310-434-4265
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you know your counselor or LD/ABI/HTTC Specialists, please directly contact them via email (Last_first email@example.com) or by phone. You can find contact information at the SMC Disability Faculty Staff Directory
- If you have questions regarding Deaf/Hard of Hearing services or need to request an interpreter or captioner, contact Henninger_Denise@smc.edu or by text at 818-570-3813
Effective Spring'22, the following in person services are available on a limited basis. For availability and to schedule an appointment, please contact:
- Counseling: call 310-434-4265 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Disability: call 310-434-4684 or email at email@example.com
- High Tech Training: Call 310-434-4267 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In person test proctoring will continue to be available to accommodate the on ground classes, as needed. See below "Testing Accommodations" for more information.
Please note, anyone who requests in person services will be required to adhere to the SMC COVID-19 protocols and will be screened at the kiosk located in front of the Student Services Center. A daily symptoms checklist, social distancing, and mask coverings are required for in person services. We recommend that you arrive at least 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment and be sure to bring a picture ID with you. For more information please read Dr. Kathryn Jeffery's letter, SMC Board Rescinds Mandatory COVID-19 Vax Program.
- Make an appointment with a counselor by emailing at email@example.com or by calling 310-434-4265
- Complete and return the Center for Students with Disabilities application form
- Read, sign, date, and return the Students Rights & Responsibilities Form
- Voter Preference Form for student review or signature Voter Preference Form (optional)
- Submit your verification of disability document at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the counselor with whom you will have an appointment.
*Please do not fax any documents. Our fax is currently not operational.
You will be able to schedule a counseling appointment and "meet" with your counselor except it will be done remotely either by phone or video online. You may schedule an appointment either by:
- Call 310-434-4265 (for new & continuing students)
- Email email@example.com (for new & continuing students)
- Online via Corsair Connect – (for continuing students only):
- Corsair Connect – "SMC Quick Links" (left side) – Book a Counseling Appointment –
- Pick your drop-down options (Program/Area , Counselor, Day of Week, Start Time, End Time) – Submit
- Be sure to update your personal information such as the best phone number to reach you and make sure you set up an SMC email account if you have not already done so. You may update your information at smc.edu/stayconnected
- Your counseling session takes place either by phone or video online via Zoom. At
the time of your scheduled appointment, your counselor will call you and if Zoom is
your preferred mode of communication, a Zoom invite will be sent to you via your SMC
email by the counselor. see below instructions.
- Please be sure to check your SMC email because your counselor will email a link inviting you to join the scheduled meeting that will look like this: "Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: ( your counselor's link here)"
- Click on the link in the email. The session will automatically open. It may ask to use the App or Internet – choose open with App
For assistive technology accommodations, contact:
- Elena Throckmorton: 310-434-8706, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corinne Haynes: 310-434-4424, email@example.com
- Lisa Courto: 310-434-4267, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been receiving Alternate Media, contact Aaron French: 310-434 -8934, email@example.com.
If you have any questions related to the Acquired Brain Injury Program, please contact Stephanie Lewis at 310-434-4442 or email Lewis_stephanie@smc.eduor call the main office at 310-434-4265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org