Financial Aid Resources and Scholarships
BELOW you’ll find links to our updated CA Dream Act resources & more, so you have them close at hand!!
- CA Dream Act and Cal Grant Application Checklists Use these checklists to ensure you successfully apply for the CA Dream Act and Cal Grants! Don’t miss any steps and apply By March 2 to ensure you are considered for maximum financial aid.
- CA Dream Act Map This detailed map outlines the four phases required to successfully complete the CA Dream Act Application and receive all financial aid for which you are eligible.
- Types of CA Financial Aid Learn about the different kinds of financial available to undergraduate and graduate undocumented students at the CCC, CSU, and UC.
- FAFSA vs. CA Dream Act: Apply to the Correct Financial Aid in CA Understand the differences between the CA financial aid and the federal financial aid applications to figure out which one best fits your situation.
- CSAC Video About New 22-23 Application This video provides an overview of the new California dream act application (CADAA), including the updated features and new look and feel.
ALSO, because CA Dream Act requires that students meet eligibility for AB 540 I'm including:
- SB 68/AB 540 Attendance Worksheet Use this worksheet to determine your eligibility for in-state tuition in California by tracking the requirements and monitoring your progress, all in one central location.
- Submitting the AB 540 Affidavit FAQ regarding why, how, and when to submit the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption (AB 540/SB 68 Affidavit)
The SMC Foundation scholarships application deadline ended on December 31. Check back next October for more scholarship opportunities!
Be ready for the next cycle, academic requirements are:
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Complete at least six SMC units by the SMC scholarship deadline.
- Enroll in at least six SMC units for Fall semester and at least six SMC units for Spring semester.
To learn more about how to apply for scholarships please visit: How to Apply for Scholarships.