Noncredit Career Education Certificates
All noncredit certificate programs are short term and designed to be completed in one semester. Students may take individual classes, however all the program's classes must be taken to be awarded the certificate of completion.
Noncredit CTE Schedules:
*F1 Student Visa holders are not eligible for Noncredit courses
Noncredit Career Education Certificate Offerings
Computer Science and Information Systems
Health and Wellness
Transition to Credit & Career
Current SMC Students: Students enrolled in both credit and noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs by emailing NoncreditRegistration@smc.edu or by registering on Corsair Connect.
Students who complete all the necessary courses to earn a Noncredit Certificate will be connected to JVS West Los angeles Worksource center and are eligible to participate in the SMC Graduation Ceremony.
- Please note that prior to being enrolled into any "on site" course, you must provide proof of vaccination to the college here: https://www.smc.edu/news/coronavirus/vaccines.php
Applying for your Certificate?
- Log in and complete the Petition for Certificate (SMC Log In needed)
- Wait for an email with the following:
- Evaluator assigned
- Certificate status
- Certificate granted
- Letter from Admissions and Records
- Your printed certificate will be mailed to the address on file
- Wait time is usually 12 weeks after the end of the semester