Admissions & Aid

How Do I Get a Work Study Job?


If you have a Work Study allocation, you must:

  • Go to the Student Employment Website to find a job through SMC.

  • After you find a job that interests you, contact the supervisor for an interview. Print out the Student Employment/Application/Contract and Payroll Forms from the SMC website.

  • Complete the "Student Section" and take it with you when you meet the potential supervisor of the job.

  • If you are hired, you will need to have the supervisor complete the rest of the Application/Contract.

  • You will also need to get a live fingerprint scan done at Campus Police. You can obtain the form at the Financial Aid Office.

  • Submit the completed packet of all forms along with your Application/Contract, pink copy or proof that you have submitted a live fingerprint scan and a copy of your signed social security card and drivers license (or other appropriate ID) to the Financial Aid Office.

Students may begin working only when the Financial Aid Office has sent an email to your new supervisor that you have been authorized to work.