Coronavirus Updates as of July 29, 2020
Dear Latino Center and Adelante Program Students,
The Adelante Program counseling services and tutoring services will be handled remotely from the college. There will be no in-person services and the office will remain closed until further notice.
Winter 2021 Remote Hours
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Virtual Office Hours
When staff will be available to respond to emails.
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
What Does This Mean for Adelante Program Services?
- Counseling Services: All counseling appointments will be by phone. Counselors will call you at the number listed in Corsair Connect. If you are not available at the time the counselor calls, they will leave a message and ask you to contact us to reschedule your appointment. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Be sure to adjust cell Phone settings to allow phone numbers outside of your contacts or "No Caller ID" incoming calls at the time of your phone counseling appointment.
- Typically, the call will show up as “No Caller ID” so it is important that you answer the call. Again, if you are not available to answer your phone at the start time of your appointment, unfortunately the phone appointment will have to be cancelled and we will ask you to reschedule. Also, please make sure that your Corsair Connect phone number is current because that will be the number the counselor will be calling.
- Mental Health Services: Email LatinoCenter@smc.edu and your request will be sent to Dr. Maria Reynoso or Ms. Thea Winkler, Latino Center Therapists. The SMC Center for Wellness and Wellbeing 24/7 emotional support line is available for immediate concerns. The number is 1-800-691-6003.
- How to make a counseling appointment: Students in the program can now book their own counseling appointments. Please log onto Corsair Connect and go to "Book A Counseling Appointment" on the left part of your screen. You will be able to see what counselors are available for the week.
- If you would like for us to book to make an appointment for you, please email LatinoCenter@smc.edu and someone will respond to you. Please make sure to include your ID number and at least a few times that you are available (counseling appointments are booked for 30 minutes). For example, you could send an email stating that your ID number is 123456 and you are available for an 11, 11:30 and 12 appointment. If needed, you may contact us by phone at 310-434-4459, however, that line will not be answered and the voicemail messages will be picked up a couple of times each day. The best mode of communication will be via email at LatinoCenter@smc.edu
- Tutoring services: There is only Zoom tutoring available (no in-person tutoring will be available) with Math Instructional Assistant, Edwin Cruz and the student tutors that work with him. You will be able to access Zoom with a computer, laptop, or tablet (audio & video capability necessary). You may also access it with a smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc). On either laptop or smartphone, you will need Google Chrome (you can download it for free). If you are using a smartphone, it will make you download the Zoom app (it's also free). Once you get Google Chrome, you can open up the links during the times posted to join the online math tutoring session. This will be our online version of drop-in tutoring. We will help you on a first come, first served basis. We ask that you please be patient with Edwin and the tutors.
- Discussion Boards: If you have a specific math question or general question about an idea or a concept, visit Canvas to self-enroll and access the math discussion board.
- Modes of Communication: We will do our best to keep you updated on various aspects of the program and college community. Please make sure to access us via our SMC email at LatinoCenter@smc.edu; our website at www.smc.edu/latinocenter. The Adelante Club Officers will be posting and communicating with you via our Instagram page @smcadelanteclub
I will continue to reiterate that I know that these are such challenging times and that things are changing rapidly. Let me know of any concerns, questions, if are feeling anxious. Please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com.
We want to hear from you and hear what may be working for you and what is not working for you. Please be kind to others. Help each other emotionally even though we are now being asked to have social distancing. This does not mean we don’t communicate or check-in with each other. This is precisely the time we all need to check-in with others to make sure everyone is feeling cared for. As always, sending love and positive thoughts your way during these times. Stay safe.
Program Leader and Counselor Latino Center and Adelante Program
Student Services Center (SSC) 2nd Floor: Map
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405