Testing Accommodation Process for Online Courses
- Students are informed that testing accommodations must be requested every term for each class with their CSD (Center for Students with Disabilities) Counselor, Learning Disability (LD) or Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Specialist in a timely manner or as soon as possible.
- The CSD counselor or the LD/ABI Specialist emails instructors confirming the testing accommodation including the amount of extended time.
- Instructor(s) are expected to set up the extended time on Canvas or other platforms that the class will be testing on.
- Students are encouraged to remind instructors about their extended time a few days prior to each exam/quiz.
Online Tests Proctored by the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Students are asked to make their proctoring appointment by submitting the "Proctor Room reservation form" on the Testing Accommodations for Students page.
- Students who need assistive technology for their online exams are asked to contact the High Tech Training Center at email@example.com well in advance of their exams so a HTTC specialist can help them and their instructor(s) work out the logistics to ensure that the approved accommodations are effectively set up prior to exams/quizzes.
Using one of the following methods, submit exam along with the Test Proctoring Parameter form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a copy of the test proctoring parameter form.
- Email exams to : email@example.com
- Bring exams to the Center for Students with Disabilities on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center.
- Students may hand carry the exam/quiz in a security envelope to DSPS.
Proctor Room HoursFall/Spring
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Testing Accommodation Process
- Students meet with a DSPS counselor, Learning Disabilities Specialist or Acquired Brain Injury Specialist each semester to request accommodations for their classes. If approved, the counselor will email the instructor notifying them of the student's testing accommodations This email indicates that the student has registered with DSPS, has a verified disability and are eligible for accommodations.
- Student and instructor should agree upon the date and time for testing with the Proctor Room and the student will make an appointment using the online proctor reservation form on the Testing Accommodations for Students page.
- Instructor should submit the exam along with a test proctoring parameter for each exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the form. Tests maybe emailed to email@example.com, dropped off in person at the Center for Students with Disabilities located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center, or the student may pick up the exam from class with a security envelope.
- Students must make Proctor Room appointments 48 hours in advance of test date/time by completing the Proctor Room reservation for located on the Testing Accommodations for Students page.
- Students will clarify with the instructor any changes such as the date/time of each exam/quiz prior to the testing date. They will be advised that you, the instructor, may or may not accept an exam/quiz taken at an unauthorized time or date.