Testing Accommodation Process
- Students are informed that testing accommodations must be requested every term in a timely manner for each class with their CSD (Center for Students with Disabilities) Counselor, Learning Disability (LD) or Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Specialist.
- The CSD counselor or the LD/ABI Specialist emails instructors confirming the testing accommodation including the amount of extended time.
- For online classes, instructor(s) are expected to set up the extended time on Canvas or other platforms that the class will be testing on unless it is agreed upon that CSD will proctor the exams. For in person classes, instructors are expected to submit the exams along with the parameters form to email@example.com at least 48 business hours prior to the test date.
- Students are encouraged to confirm their testing date/time with their instructors and remind instructors about their extended time a few days prior to each exam/quiz.
- Students are asked to make their proctoring appointment by submitting the "Proctor Room reservation form" on the Testing Accommodations for Students page at least 48 business hours prior to the test date/time.
- Once a testing date/time is scheduled, both student and instructor will receive a confirmation email. If there is a discrepancy, instructor must communicate with student and CSD with clarification of the test date/time.
- Students who need assistive technology for their online exams are asked to contact the High Tech Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of their exams so a HTTC specialist can help them and their instructor(s) work out the logistics to ensure that the approved accommodations are effectively set up prior to exams/quizzes.
Instructors- how to submit exams/quizzes?
Using one of the following methods, submit exam along with the Test Proctoring Parameters form at least 48 business hours prior to the test date/time. Please email email@example.com if you need a copy of the test proctoring parameter form.
- Email exams to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring exams to the Center for Students with Disabilities on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center.
- Students may hand carry the exam/quiz in a security envelope to DSPS.
Proctor Room HoursFall/Spring
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.