Family Planning Resources for termination of pregnancy:
Planned Parenthood to schedule an appointment please call 800-576-5544
1316 3rd str. Promenade # 201,
Santa Monica, CA, 90201
UCLA OBGYN Clinic to schedule an appointment please call 310-825-5961
1010 Veteran Ave. Los Angeles,
Her Smart Choice to schedule an appointment please call 213-944-8088
7220 Woodman Ave #106, Van Nuys,
Westside Family Health Center Clinic will be providing services here at the SMC Student Health Center every third Tuesday of the month from 8:30am to 2:00pm. Services provided are:
- Birth control
- Pregnancy testing
- Rapid HIV testing
- STI screening and treatment
- Emergency contraception
- Safe sex kits
Please call us at 310-434-4262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and or to schedule an appointment. You can also call the clinic directly at 310 450 2191 x215, 246, 247 to schedule an appointment.
HIV Clinic by Common Ground will be providing free testing from 10:00am to 1:00pm every first and third Thursday of the month here at SMC Student Health Center. Walk ins are welcome. Home test kits are available.
Santa Monica College Student Health Center:
We see students and or staff in person Monday through Thursday by appointment. We are still available to assist, consult and support telephonically and via zoom. Please be reassured that we are still here to help you.
Hours of operation for the Fall and Spring Semester:
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
For Immunizations and TB tests: Please call or email the health office to schedule an in person appointment. Appointments days for TB are Monday and Tuesday (testing) returning (48hrs later) Wednesday and or Thursday for reading (results).
Please make sure to keep your appointments. If you need to cancel the appointment do so 24 hours prior to your scheduled time. Report for your appointment 15minutes early.
Be safe and stay healthy!
Coronavirus FAQ and Tips
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a face mask:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose,
coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
211 LA County: 211 LA is the central source for information and referrals for all health and human services in LA County. The 2-1-1 phone line (dial 2-1-1) is available 24/7. If you cannot directly dial 2-1-1 or are calling from outside Los Angeles County, call 800-339-6993.
SMC Police Department/Emergency Preparedness Team's COVID-19 Info & Prevention Guide: Read "COVID-10 Resource Guide."
LA County Department of Public Health: "Learn More About Coronavirus."
California Department of Public Health: "Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19): What You Need to Know."
Center for Disease Control & Prevention: "Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary."
Gynecological Services / STD Screening
Westside Family Health Center
3861 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, California, 90230
Appointment Line and Urgent matters call: 310-450-2191
Housing Agencies and Resources
Please be assured that the college's leadership cares deeply about the safety and well-being of the SMC community. You can expect updates at critical moments via your SMC email (so please check it regularly) and by visiting the consolidated COVID-19 webpage.
The Health Service's office phone number is 310-434-4262. Students can also refer to the Center for Disease Control's website for further information: The CDC Coronavirus website
Remember that hand gel/sanitizer does not replace handwashing with soap and water; handwashing is a more effective way to reduce the spread of any infection.
For updates and more information on coronavirus, visit the CDC Website.