In an Emergency 24/7
From any campus phone,
call 4300 or 911
From a mobile phone,
call SMC dispatch
If off-campus, call 911
The District may offer an informal resolution process to the Parties only after a formal complaint has been filed, including but not limited to mediation, rearrangement of work/academic schedules, providing informal counseling or training, etc. The informal resolution process is intended to resolve a formal complaint without a full investigation and adjudication process. The informal resolution process must not be used to resolve allegations that a District employee sexually harassed a student.
Steps for Informal Resolution Process
- Prior to initiating the informal resolution process, the District must provide the
Parties with written notice of the following:
- The allegations within the formal complaint;
- The right to withdraw from the informal resolution process at any time prior to agreeing to a resolution; and
- That participation and agreement to a resolution in the informal resolution process precludes the Parties from resuming a formal complaint arising from the same allegations.
- Both Parties must give their voluntary, informed, and written consent to the informal resolution process