Student Support

Frequently Asked Questions for Alleged Accused (Respondent)


In an Emergency 24/7

From any campus phone,
call 4300 or 911

From a mobile phone,
call SMC dispatch

If off-campus, call 911

If you have been accused of sexual misconduct, do not contact the victim/survivor (Complainant). You may want to speak with someone in the campus community who can act as an advisor. The Compliance Administrator/Title IX Coordinator, Lisa Winter, at 310-434-4225,, can explain the college’s grievance procedures for addressing sexual misconduct complaints. You may also want to seek confidential counseling through the Center for Wellness and Wellbeing or through the EASE program for employees or seek support through off-campus services in the community.