- Form fitting stretchable attire that allows for viewing body alignment and placement and allows for full range of movement. (No pedestrian clothing such as jeans, hats, etc.) Appropriate examples include fitted leggings/tights, athletic pants, leotards, athletic tank tops, long sleeve/full length pants for floor work, etc.
- Wear clothing without logos, graphics, or prints (solid colors only);
- Respect everyone by wearing clothing that is not excessively revealing;
- Take all jewelry off before class so that it doesn’t cause potential injury;
- Barefoot, socks, or footwear as specified by instructor;
- Hair pulled back off of neck in ponytail/bun before entering studio;
- Supportive undergarments (for example: sports bra, dance belt, etc. Ask your instructor if you have questions).
- For discipline-specific requirements, please consult your instructor or the Dance Department Student Handbook.
Every Dance major is assigned a Dance Department adviser who is available to assist students in choosing the appropriate course(s) to enroll in based on student study plan and goals. Students are assigned an adviser based on their last name. Dance Adviser Assignments:
|Student Last Name||Adviser|
|A through F||Jae Lee,
|G through K||Marissa Osato Moreno,
|L through Q||Sri Susilowati,
|R through Z||Vanessa Van Wormer,
It is up to the student to arrange to meet with your adviser at the beginning of every semester to discuss your individualized plan. Every dance major should fill out a Dance Major Guidance Form available in the Dance Department.
Our Department has a variety of travel study tour options. Our performance ensembles Global Motion World Dance Company and Synapse Contemporary Dance Theater have toured throughout California and Mexico for more than 30 years, with recent performances in Beijing, China; Bracciano, Italy, and Santiago, Chile.
Students can also experience dance in New York City by enrolling in Dance in NYC.