Computer Labs and Services Available Online
Once you are admitted, you must activate your online services. This only needs to be done once.
Admitted and with Activated Online Services (Before Your Classes Start)
If you have activated your online services, you have access to:
- Corsair Connect — student self-service system: (named after the SMC athletic team name, "Corsairs", which refers to some historical pirates and their small, fast ships.)
- Student email (a special version of Google Gmail)
- Email address is your username followed by @student.smc.edu
- SMC student email account only sends and receives emails to and from SMC email addresses ("@student.smc.edu" and "@smc.edu").
- Log in from the SMC Gmail link on the Corsair Connect login page
Once your classes begin, your SMC student email account can send and receive messages to and from any email address, including those outside of SMC.
You also have access to:
- Google Apps: Google Drive, Google Docs, and several other Google services beyond email
- Microsoft 365 (formerly called Microsoft Office 365): Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and OneDrive
Current Students in Classes with Specialized Software
if you are enrolled for the semester currently in progress, and are also enrolled in a specific class that has arranged to use specialized software, you also have access to that software through the "Virtual Computer Lab". Your instructor will tell you if you're in one of these classes.
Quick Self-Help Web Page
Want to ask a question?
We answer questions about SMC information technology by email, telephone, and sometimes a chat line during our business hours.
Former Students (Alumni)
Online services for former students are discontinued after a grace period. Transfer your files to personal storage services before your enrollment ends.