Technical Support for Students
Students (newly admitted, enrolled for the current semester, or former SMC students) can get technical support for SMC information technology from the Student Information Technology Help Line.
- Email your question to studentITHELP@smc.edu from your SMC student email address if possible.
- If you cannot email us from your SMC student email address, please contact us using this online form. Fill out as much as you can on the form. If you email us from a nonSMC email address, we might have to ask lots of questions to verify your identity.
- Phone: 310-434-3111
- Please have your SMC student ID number ready.
- We only have a limited number of phone lines, and we might be helping somebody else.
If your call goes to voicemail it will be sent to us as an email, and your call will
be returned by either telephone or email in the order received. Please include in
- SMC student ID number
- First and last names
- Telephone area code and phone number
- Issue you're calling about
- An automated chatbot
- This is available 24 hours a day. Sometimes a person might be online and available to answer questions through live chat. Click on the yellow bubble at the lower right corner of this screen to try it out.
Hours for answering questions on college business and instructional (class) days:
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.