Technical Support for Students
You can get technical support for many SMC-sponsored computer services if you meet at least one of these conditions:
- you are enrolled in a class for the current semester or a future one
- you filed an admission application within the last six months
- you are a former student who enrolled in a class and participated in it during the
last two years.
Former students who have not taken a class within the last two years are NOT eligible
for technical support unless readmittedand online services are then activated.
If you are NOT eligible for technical support, you may:
If you have a login problem and are eligible for technical support, then an immediate solution is probably available
to you 24 hours a day on the Student Account Help page.
If you CANNOT log into your assigned SMC student email account:
- if you do NOT know your ID number or no longer have access to your personal email
address already on file inside Corsair Connect (from your admission application or
updated later), contact Admissions & Records. Your identity has to be verified.
- if you know your ID number, ask for help using the Public Technology Support webpage
If you have a question about the Canvas Learning Management System, please contact the Canvas Help Desk, operated by the company that owns it:
- - Log in to Canvas
- - click on the menu's "i" symbol for "Help & Academic Resources"
- - select "Contact Canvas Support (Student)"
- - choose the kind of help you want: look at webpages yourself, chat, phone, or email
Self-Service Answers Available Online
For general questions about SMC technology, you might want to look at the SMC technology knowledge base.
For general questions that are not related to technology, please see the College website.
How We Will Answer You
Answers will be sent by email to either:
- your SMC student email address (unless you say you cannot log in).
- your personal email address already on file inside Corsair Connect (if you say you
cannot log in).
- The personal email address used to file your admission application is on file inside
Corsair Connect, unless you updated it later.
How to Ask a Question
If you can log in to your assigned SMC student email account, please contact us using the "Contact
IT Help" button (in blue) on the Student Technology Support webpage
If there is a problem preventing you from contacting us through either webpage, you may telephone so we can fill out the Public Technology Support online form for you. The form will be passed to a specialist.
- We usually respond through email.
- If we telephone you, we usually have to limit the maximum time with a caller to fifteen
minutes or less per day.
- Please understand that issues reported through phone calls take significantly longer
to respond to, possibly as long as three business days. Answers and solutions are
significantly faster for those who can fill out an online form.
- If you call, please give:
- your full name
- your SMC Student ID number,
- telephone number (including area code)
- SMC technology question.