Technical Support for Students
SMC students can get basic technical support for most SMC-sponsored computer services from the Student Information Technology Helpline if any of these conditions are met:
- enrolled in a class for the current semester or a future one
- admitted (or readmitted) within the last six months
- Former applicants who have not enrolled in a class within six months should file a new admission application.
- former student who has taken a class within the last two years.
- Former students who have not taken classes within the last two years should file a new admission application.
Please choose ONE of the following options so a staff member can contact you during our operating hours.
- Email your question to studentITHELP@smc.edu from your assigned SMC student email address. Our spam filter might quarantine or block any emails sent from non-SMC email addresses so we cannot guarantee those will reach us.
- If you cannot email us from your SMC student email address, please fill out the Student Tech Support form.
- We can help you quickest if we can email you back at the personal email address you
already have on file with SMC. Please confirm it on the form.
- A personal email address on file will be the one you used to file your admission application or the one inside Corsair Connect, whichever was updated most recently.
- If you list a different email address, there might be a significant delay since we might have to ask lots of questions to verify your identity.
- An assigned SMC "username" is also the first part of your assigned SMC student email address (before the "@student.smc.edu part). Leave it blank if you don't know it.
- We can help you quickest if we can email you back at the personal email address you already have on file with SMC. Please confirm it on the form.
- Phone: 310-434-3111
- Please have your SMC student ID number ready.
- We only have a limited number of phone lines, and we might be helping somebody else.
If your call goes to voicemail it will be sent to us as an email, and your call will
be returned by either telephone or email in the order received. Please include in
- SMC student ID number
- First and last names
- Telephone area code and phone number
- Issue you're calling about
- Since we have many callers, we sometimes have to limit the maximum time with a caller to fifteen minutes or less per day.
- An automated chatbot
- Click the yellow bubble at the lower right corner of this screen. It will either answer your question or forward it to the people at studentITHELP for a response as soon as possible.
Hours for answering questions on college business and instructional (class) days:
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. (except closed at 5 p.m. 9/17/2021 - 9/24/2021)
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.