Steps to Register Your TAP Card
SMC Promise students can obtain a METRO/GO TAP card without having to first pay the $22.50 student Benefits Fee. However, the METRO system must first recognize that a student is part of SMC Promise or the fees will still be assessed.
NOTE: Do NOT opt-out of the $22.50 Student Benefits Fee. Doing so will prevent you from obtaining a METRO/GO TAP card. The process can be completed by following the steps below:
- Log into Corsair Connect to obtain a TAP enrollment code. NOTE: Enrollment code will not display until the benefits fee of $22.50 is paid. SMC Promise
students are exempt.
- Click "Enrollment" tab
- Click Menu on left side of screen
- Click Metro/BBB TAP card at the bottom of the menu
- Look for Eligibility Code at the top of the page
- Register your TAP card
- Students can use an existing TAP card, OR
- For a virtual card on your phone, download the TAP app
- Transfer your physical TAP card to your phone
- Use the new virtual card number on your phone to register TAP card. Your physical TAP card will be deactivated and cannot be used.
- Email email@example.com to request a TAP card. Tap cards can be picked up or mailed to address on file. Please include FULL NAME and SMC ID number in the email.
- For issues with TAP registration, please contact METRO directly at: