Enroll in your classes early
New full-time students (12 units or more per semester) who just graduated from high school anywhere in California are eligible for free enrollment in classes (a value of up to $2,300 based on current fees); and
Free Student ID card, free Associated Students membership, free Student Representation fee, and free health fee!
- SMC Promise students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) fee waiver also qualify for the textbook voucher for the SMC Bookstore.
- SMC Promise students who receive the book voucher can receive up to:
- $500 during Fall & Spring semesters
- $100 during Winter & Summer sessions
- Book vouchers may be used at the SMC Bookstore only during the dates noted below.
- Spring 2021: $500 to use February 2 – April 23
- Want to know how to use the book voucher? Find out here in our FAQ section.
Once you meet all of the SMC Promise eligibility requirements, you can request to receive your physical ID card from the Cashier's Office remotely. Your ID card will allow you to ride the Big Blue Bus for free, among other perks. Visit this ID Card Cheat Sheet to learn how to request your student ID card.
Under the Promise Program, SMC will pay for your classes, your Associated Students membership, Student Representation fee, health, and student ID fees! As an SMC Promise student, you do not need to pay your fees when you enroll and you will not be dropped for nonpayment. Your fees will be paid to your SMC account so long as you maintain your eligibility AFTER the term has ended:
- Summer 2020: July 31
- Fall 2020: December 22
- Winter 2021: February 12
- Spring 2021: June 16