Becoming a Peer Navigator:
We are hiring for the 2023-2024 Academic Year!
Apply between April 17th - May 20th.
What does it take?
Check out the job description and requirements below!
Scroll to the bottom of the page to watch a recording of a Peer Navigator Info Session.
Everything You Need to Know
Help 1st Year Students Succeed at SMC
- Mentor 100 first-year SMC students throughout the Academic Year
- Proactively outreach to students via phone & email to build peer connection and offer guidance
- Collaborate with team in creating community for first-year students
- Design and deliver monthly workshops, newsletters, and social events
- Meet with your students (virtually) to motivate, share your story, & offer support
- Refer students to campus resources
- Participate in trainings, professional development & team meetings
Peer Navigators Are:
- Full-time SMC student (enrolled in 12+ units)
- On track to complete 24 units at SMC by end of Spring
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
- In good Academic & Judicial standing
- Available to work at least 10 hrs/week during the academic year
- Enjoy helping others & meeting new people
- Tech and social media savvy
- Authorized to work in the U.S. & eligible to work on campus
Peer Navigators Attributes
- Culturally sensitive & able to promote diversity, equity, & student support
- Enthusiastic, personal, and effective speaker
- Comfortable helping and leading others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy meeting new people
- Work well in a team setting
- Reliable, trustworthy & possess the ability to use good judgment
This is a paid position for the whole academic year. Pay rate: $15.96/hour.
Accepting applications between April 17th through May 20th.
Hear What Our Peer Navigators Have to Say
Watch a recording of one of our recent Peer Navigator Information Sessions!