For updated information regarding services and protocols on campus, please visit: smc.edu/coronavirus
Monday/Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Current/Continuing Scholars Program Students
How will I meet with my counselor if the office is closed?
The Scholars counselor will call you at your appointment time using the phone number on file in your student portal. Please make sure that your phone number is correct in Corsair Connect. Need to change your phone number? Please refer to the following instructions:
- Log into your Corsair Connect
- Click on the "Enrollment" tab in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on "Profile/Preferences" in the left margin
- Make appropriate changes on the screen (phone, address, etc.)
- Click on "Submit Changes" bottom left of the screen
Need to make an appointment with a Scholars Counselor?
You must be admitted to the Scholars Program and have attended the mandatory Orientation to use this service:
Counselors are available for telephone appointments and video appointments (Zoom).
Book an appointment through Corsair Connect.
- Click "Book a Counseling Appointment" under SMC Quick Links.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with instructions.
- Video appointments: A Zoom meeting link is provided.
- Phone appointments: Counselors will call the current phone number in your Corsair Connect account. Make sure your phone number is accurate in the Corsair Connect profile settings. Also make sure your phone settings are adjusted to allow "unknown" or "no caller ID" numbers at the time of your appointment. If you cannot be reached, your appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule.
- In-person appointments: Please plan on arriving to campus 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, so you can check in at the Student Services Center (SSC) 1st floor. NOTE: Proof of vaccination is no longer required. The Scholars Program is located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Center (SSC) Room 221.
In an effort to accommodate as many of our students as possible, we can only allow one appointment per week and the system will only allow you to make appointments for 7 days out at a time.
Have a quick question for a Scholars Counselor?
You must be admitted to the Scholars Program, have attended the mandatory Orientation AND met with a Scholars Counselor in a 30-minute appointment to use this service:
Regular drop-in Counseling schedule:
Once you have signed in:
- Look for Santa Monica College - "Scholars Callback Line".
- Add yourself to the "line" for a 5-10 minute session.
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready.
- The counselor will call you at the number provided when it's your turn to be seen. Make sure cell phone settings are adjusted to receive a call from an unknown or "no caller ID" number. Otherwise, the call goes to voicemail.
*In-person drop-in: Please come to the Scholars office and check in with the front desk during posted in-person drop-in hours only.
Prospective Scholars Program Students
Applying to the Scholars Program?
The Scholars Application is electronic and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified application procedures.
Not sure the Scholars Program is right for you and need more information? Find out about the program by attending an Information Session.
Information Sessions have been scheduled and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified Information Session format as well as instructions to sign up.
Please note: High School Concurrent Enrollment students are specially approved by their high schools to take specific courses at SMC on a case by case basis. Note that this population is not appropriate for the Scholars Program. They cannot be admitted to Scholars, nor enroll in Scholars classes. This policy helps ensure the Scholars Program prioritizes and serves the students its founding purpose and mission guide it to serve.
Students who are attending or planning to attend a 4-year college/university AND SMC concurrently (at the same time) are not eligible for the Scholars Program and are not appropriate for the UCLA TAP certification program.
Non-counseling questions and/or questions regarding the program may be directed to:
Scholars@smc.edu or 310-434-4371 (8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Please leave a message with your contact information and we will return your call.