The Santa Monica College campus has announced new actions to help limit coronavirus (COVID-19). As local, national and global public health recommendations shift to include mitigation of transmission, the campus is proactively taking steps to help protect our community. Effective immediately, many campus operations are being suspended and/or modified. We realize that these steps are extremely disruptive but we ask for your patience and flexibility during these uncertain times.
In complying with this directive, the Scholars Program Office will be closed for walk-in services and for in-person counseling appointments until further notice.
Current/Continuing Scholars Program Students
How will I meet with my counselor if the office is closed?
The Scholars counselor will call you at your appointment time using the phone number on file in your student portal. Please make sure that your phone number is correct in Corsair Connect. Need to change your phone number? Please refer to the following instructions:
- Log into your Corsair Connect
- Click on the "Enrollment" tab in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on "Profile/Preferences" in the left margin
- Make appropriate changes on the screen (phone, address, etc.)
- Click on "Submit Changes" bottom left of the screen
Need to make an appointment with a Scholars Counselor?
You must be admitted to the Scholars Program and have attended the mandatory Orientation to use this service:
Counselors are available for telephone appointments and video appointments (Zoom).
Book an appointment through Corsair Connect.
- Click "Book a Counseling Appointment" under SMC Quick Links.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with instructions.
- Video appointments: A Zoom meeting link is provided.
- Phone appointments: Counselors will call the current phone number in your Corsair Connect account. Make sure your phone number is accurate in the Corsair Connect profile settings. Also make sure your phone settings are adjusted to allow "unknown" or "no caller ID" numbers at the time of your appointment. If you cannot be reached, your appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule.
In an effort to accommodate as many of our students as possible, we can only allow one appointment per week and the system will only allow you to make appointments for 7 days out at a time.
Have a quick question for a Scholars Counselor?
You must be admitted to the Scholars Program, have attended the mandatory Orientation AND met with a Scholars Counselor in a 30-minute appointment to use this service:
Fall 2021 Drop-in Hours
Once you have signed in:
- Look for Santa Monica College - "Scholars Callback Line".
- Add yourself to the "line" for a 5-10 minute session.
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready.
- The counselor will call you at the number provided when it's your turn to be seen. Make sure cell phone settings are adjusted to receive a call from an unknown or "no caller ID" number. Otherwise, the call goes to voicemail.
Prospective Scholars Program Students
Applying to the Scholars Program?
The Scholars Application is electronic and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified application procedures.
Not sure the Scholars Program is right for you and need more information? Find out about the program by attending an Information Session.
Information Sessions have been scheduled and available on our website. Please refer to this page to receive updated information regarding our modified Information Session format as well as instructions to sign up.
Non-counseling questions and/or questions regarding the program may be directed to:
Scholars@smc.edu or 310-434-4371 (8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Please leave a message with your contact information and we will return your call.