- Majors Offered at UC San Diego
- Major Requirements for UC San Diego
- Enter Santa Monica College as Home School
- Enter University of California, San Diego as Transfer School
- Click View Agreements Button
- Next Window Select Major to View Major Prep. Requirements
Note: UCSD Does not admit by major, but admits into the university. Student demand for some of the programs including biology and certain majors in engineering, exceeds capacity. For these programs, students are considered for admission directly into the major for admission into the pre-major.
Students admitted into pre-major status must apply for acceptance into the major after enrolling at UCSD. Students applying for Computer Science or Computer Engineering must also select an alternate major on the UC application. Students admitted to UCSD who are not admitted directly into one of these majors will get admitted to their alternate major, provided it is not impacted. Transfer applicants to biology must complete extensive lower-division major coursework.