The Santa Monica College Pride center is dedicated to honoring and prioritizing intersectional LGBTQ+ identities. We are committed to improving campus culture where all queer and trans students can celebrate and embody their holistic selves.
At the Pride Center, we:
- Strive to create a safe inclusive environment for students, staff, faculty and community members
- Foster self-love, self-acceptance, and individual growth
- Advocate for and with LGBTQ+ people
- Educate about our complex histories, acknowledge our struggles, and celebrate our triumphs
- Build greater understanding and facilitate conversations around sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expression
- Embrace that our work is ongoing and our language is ever evolving!
News & Events
International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
A worldwide Celebration of Sexual and Gender Diversities, May 17
The International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia is observed on May 17 and aims to coordinate international events that raise awareness of LGBTQ rights violations and stimulate interest in LGBTQ rights work worldwide.
Join the SMC Gender Sexuality Alliance Club
The GSA strives to create an inclusive environment where students of ALL sexual orientations, gender identities, ethnicities, religions, ages, and other intersectional backgrounds can come together as a community to create awareness and fight inequality at SMC.
Meetings: Thursday's @ 11:15am
Zoom Link: to join email email@example.com
Lexi Lopez (she/her/hers)
Kris Bumford (he/him)
Contact the Pride Center
Yamissette Westerband, MA, MSW, PhD (she/her)
Pride Center Faculty Lead
Associate Professor of Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
*During Summer and Winter Session, please reach out to our Center's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Bui, MA (he/him)
Student Equity Center Project Manager