Review Placement Results
Login to the Corsair Connect.
From the menu on the left side, click on "Placement" tab.
- If you are not showing a placement at this time, please follow the steps to complete the placement process.
Note: You will only be able to complete this process once, so please make sure to answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Login to the Corsair Connect; click the "Enrollment" tab; click "Student Records"; click " Placement History" report.
- Refer to the "Prerequisite/Corequisite Waivers" section for waivers.
- Authorized — means you were approved for the class specified
- Unauthorized — means you were not approved
If your request was denied, the Counseling Department will attempt to contact you via your SMC email account.
If you are a first-time college student, the placement process is mandatory. You are responsible for completing all steps of enrollment in a timely manner.
You are required to complete both English or ESL and math placements if:
- Enrolling in more than six (6) units during your first semester (fall or spring) and your educational goal is to get a degree or certificate, transfer, of pursuing basic skills instruction; or
- Enrolling in an English, ESL, or math class for the first time; or
- Completed your first semester at SMC and did not complete the mandatory placement process, but now wish to enroll in a second regular semester (fall or spring) even if you are not planning to take English/ESL, math, or chemistry.
Please note: This process can only be completed once.