Review Placement Results
Login to the Corsair Connect.
From the menu on the left side, click on "Placement" tab.
- If you are not showing a placement at this time, please follow the steps to complete the placement process.
Note: You will only be able to complete this process once, so please make sure to answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Login to the Corsair Connect; click the "Enrollment" tab; click "Student Records"; click " Placement History" report.
- Refer to the "Prerequisite/Corequisite Waivers" section for waivers.
- Authorized — means you were approved for the class specified
- Unauthorized — means you were not approved
If your request was denied, the Counseling Department will attempt to contact you via your SMC email account.
If you are a first-time college student, the placement process is mandatory. You are responsible for completing all steps of enrollment in a timely manner.
You are required to complete both English or ESL and math placements if:
- Enrolling in more than six (6) units during your first semester (fall or spring) and your educational goal is to get a degree or certificate, transfer, of pursuing basic skills instruction; or
- Enrolling in an English, ESL, or math class for the first time; or
- Completed your first semester at SMC and did not complete the mandatory placement process, but now wish to enroll in a second regular semester (fall or spring) even if you are not planning to take English/ESL, math, or chemistry.
Please note: This process can only be completed once.
The Mathematics Department of Santa Monica College has created a variety of courses in particular sequences designed to serve our SMC students. They areas are STEM Math, Business Math, and Liberal Arts Math pathways. View math pathways.
Your individual goals and transfer plans determine which sequence is appropriate for you. Another area that you might want to review is "Areas of Study." If after reviewing this information, you are still in doubt as to which sequence of classes to pursue, you should seek the advice of an academic counselor before you start your math course.
To schedule an appointment with a SMC Academic Counselor, please chick here.
There are resources available to student to help them success at SMC. Resources such as advising, tutoring, and co-requisite courses. Please take a look at the different options you have for support while attending SMC.