GoPass provides unlimited transit rides throughout L.A.
SMC students who pay their Student Benefits fee of $22.50 can ride and transfer between 13 transit systems (including Big Blue Bus and Metro buses and trains) all over L.A., when they register for the GoPass. To register, do the following:
1. Pay your $22.50 Student Benefits fee at Corsair Connect: www.smc.edu/cc(opens in new window).
2. Get your TAP card ready:
- Load the pass onto a TAP card you already own (any card works, except a reduced-fare College/ Vocational TAP card).
- Don’t own a TAP card ? Pick one up from the Cashier's Office or request it be mailed to the address we have on file. Just email your student ID # to Transportation@smc.edu. (The blank TAP card will still need to be registered before it can be used to ride for free. See next step.)
- Use the TAP app on your phone. Warning: this only works if you have a TAP card that has never been used before. Follow the enrollment steps below and then download the TAP app to add the pass to your phone. Doing this will cancel the ability to use the plastic TAP card as your pass.
3. Get your eligibility code at www.smc.edu/cc(opens in new window)
- Click Fees & Payment in menu on the left
- Click Transportation GoPass
- Click Get Code (code will appear on the top of the page)
4. Finally, go to Metro's portal: www.taptogo.net/gopass, and enter your eligibility code along with the 20-digit TAP number (found on the bottom right on the back of the TAP card). Your pass will be ready to use within 4 hours, or so.
- Each semester you will need to re-register your card using a new unique eligibility code, after paying your Student Benefit fee on Corsair Connect.
- If you had a GoPass with your high school or another college you must contact Metro to cancel your old account and create a new one. call 866.TAP-TOGO.
- Lost or stolen card? Login to Corsair Connect to cancel the old card and get a replacement code. Your old TAP card will be deactivated.
- For problems registering your card, call 866.TAP-TOGO or firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Blue Bus (BBB) and Metro serve all SMC campuses
Main Campus is served by BBB lines: 7, 7R, 8, 16, 41, 43, and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station and Colorado. Note: BBB #7 line has extended to Wilshire and Western. It used to stop at Rimpau. R10 midday service has been discontinued. (note, lines 42 and 44 suspended until further notice).
Bundy/Airport Campuses are served by BBB lines: 14 and Metros Expo train at Bundy Station. (note, line 44 suspended until further notice).
PAC is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 10R, 41, and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station. (note, lines 42 and 44 suspended until further notice).
Center for Media and Design is served by BBB lines: 5, 16, and 43 and Metro's Expo train at Bergamot Station.
Emeritus is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7R, 8, 9, 10R, 18 & Metro's Expo train at 4th Street Station as well as Metro buses: 4, 33, 534, 704, 733
Malibu Campus is served by Metro's #134 bus from downtown Santa Monica to the Civic Ctr / Malibu Library (about 1 hour ride + a 4 minute walk).
Metro's Expo train serves the following SMC campuses:
- Main campus - 17th and Colorado (10 min walk or catch BBB #41)
- Performing Arts Center - 17th and Colorado (10 min walk or catch BBB #41)
- Emeritus - 4th Street Station (10 min walk)
- Center for Media and Design - Bergamont Station (4 min walk)
- Bundy /Airport campuses - (catch the BBB #14 from the Bundy Station)
- Malibu Campus - Transfer from 2nd and Colorado to Metro's #134. Ride it to the Civic Ctr / Malibu Library (about 1 hour ride + a 4 minute walk)
- Students can get an unlimited transit rides around LA with the GoPass by paying their SMC Student Benefit's fee each semester at www.smc.edu/cc.
Watch for Trains. Stay off the Tracks. Be Alert.
For more safety tips, visit metro.net/safety.