Update: Big Blue Bus now requires Mobile Pass to board
To ride the Big Blue Bus you must now use a mobile pass or TAP card. No cash or tokens are accepted and SMC IDs are not being swipped.
How to get your mobile pass or TAP card:
Pay your $22.50 Student Benefits fee on Corsair Connect
An email from BigBlueBus@smc.edu will be sent to you with instructions on how to download the app and register for the pass. Use your @student.smc.edu account.
Download the Token Transit app to find your mobile pass in the wallet. Use it to board.
Student IDs are no longer accepted to board the bus.
You may request a special SMC TAP card instead (but you may not have both). Contact BigBlueBus@smc.edu with your student ID #.
Read this FAQ for details about the mobile pass. UPD
Big Blue Bus (BBB)
SMC students and employees who pay their Student Benefits fee can ride all BBB lines for free. BBB has transitioned to a mobile pass on your smartphone and no longer allows SMC IDs to be swiped for boarding. See above for details.
Main Campus is served by BBB lines: 7, 7R, 8, 16, 41, 42, 43, 44 and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station and Colorado. Note: BBB #7 line has extended to Wilshire and Western. It used to stop at Rimpau. R10 midday service has been discontinued.
Bundy/Airport Campuses are served by BBB lines: 14, 44 and Metros Expo train at Bundy Station.
PAC is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 10R, 41, 42, and 44 and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station.
Center for Media and Design is served by BBB lines: 5, 16, and 43 and Metro's Expo train at Bergamot Station.
Emeritus is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7R, 8, 9, 10R, 18 & Metro's Expo train at 4th Street Station as well as Metro buses: 4, 33, 534, 704, 733
Need a 50¢ interagency transfer or don't have a smartphone ?
Email BigBlueBus@smc.edu to request a TAP card containing a SMC pass be mailed to you. Please note, if you choose this option, you cannot also use the mobile pass option through the Token Transit app. Pleases provide your student ID to verify fee payment.
Students can purchase a discounted Metro pass online.
* See above to receive a 50¢ transfer to Metro or another transit agency from BBB.
How to download your mobile pass from Token Transit
- To get started, within 24 hours of paying your Student Benefits fee you will be sent an email from BigBlueBus@smc.edu. which contains instructions and a link to register for the pass.
- Click on the link in the email and enter your mobile phone number and your @student.smc.edu email address.
- You will receive a text message with a link to download the Token Transit app or you can download the Token Transit app from your App Store.
- Once downloaded, open the app, and follow the prompts to create an
account using your @student.smc.edu email address.
- Once you have created a Token Transit account, you will find your SMC mobile pass in your pass wallet. This offer is a benefit of paying you’re Student Benefits fee and is non-transferrable.
Contact BigBlueBus@smc.edu with questions or request for assistance.