Update: Big Blue Bus now requires Mobile Pass to board
To ride the Big Blue Bus you must now use a mobile pass or TAP card. No cash or tokens are accepted and SMC IDs are not being swipped.
Get GoPass for unlimited transit rides throughout L.A.
SMC students who pay their Student Benefits fee of $22.50 can now ride and transfer between several transit systems all over L.A. thanks to a Metro pilot program called GoPass. Ride Big Blue Bus, Metro, Culver City Bus, LADOT Dash, Norwalk Transit, Montebello Bus, City of Commerce, and a growing list of other transit agencies* by doing the following:
To register your GoPass:
1. Pay your $22.50 Student Benefits fee at Corsair Connect: www.smc.edu/cc.
2. Get your TAP card ready:
- Use a TAP card you already own (except a reduced-fare College/ Vocational TAP card).
- Don’t own a TAP card ? Pick one up from the Cashier's Office or request it be mailed to the address we have on file. Just email your student ID # to Transportation@smc.edu. (The blank TAP card will need to be registered before it can be used to ride for free. See next step)
3. Go to the Enrollment tab on www.smc.edu/cc (current semester), then find Metro/BBB TAP Card menu option to retrieve your eligibility code.
4. Enter the code in Metro's portal: www.taptogo.net/gopass, along with the 20-digit number found on the bottom right of the back of the TAP card or in your app. Your pass will be ready to use within 4 hours.
- Each semester you will need to re-register your card using a new unique code, after paying your Student Benefit fee, to continue to ride with these transit agencies.
- In case your TAP card is lost or stolen, login to Corsair Connect to cancel the old card and get a replacement code. Your old TAP card will be deactivated.
- For problems registering your card, call 866.TAP-TOGO or email@example.com
Big Blue Bus (BBB)
SMC students who pay their Student Benefits fee can ride all BBB lines for free (as part of the Metro GoPass program). See above.
Main Campus is served by BBB lines: 7, 7R, 8, 16, 41, 43, and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station and Colorado. Note: BBB #7 line has extended to Wilshire and Western. It used to stop at Rimpau. R10 midday service has been discontinued. (note, lines 42 and 44 suspended until further notice).
Bundy/Airport Campuses are served by BBB lines: 14 and Metros Expo train at Bundy Station. (note, line 44 suspended until further notice).
PAC is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 10R, 41, and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station. (note, lines 42 and 44 suspended until further notice).
Center for Media and Design is served by BBB lines: 5, 16, and 43 and Metro's Expo train at Bergamot Station.
Emeritus is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7R, 8, 9, 10R, 18 & Metro's Expo train at 4th Street Station as well as Metro buses: 4, 33, 534, 704, 733