Update: Use Mobile Pass
Starting March 1, you need to present a mobile pass or TAP card to ride the Big Blue Bus if you paid the A.S. fee.
- You need to download the Token Transit app to board.
- Student IDs are no longer be accepted to board the bus.
- When you pay A.S. fees in Corsair Connect, an email will be sent within 24 hours from BigBlueBus@smc.edu with instructions on how to download the app and register for the pass.
- Read this FAQ for details about the mobile pass.
Big Blue Bus (BBB)
SMC students and employees who pay the A.S. fees can ride all BBB lines for free. The last day to use an SMC ID to board the BBB is February 28th, 2021. Instead BBB has transitioned to a mobile pass on your smartphone which is safer and faster. Students who pay their A.S. fees will receive an email within 24 hours from BigBlueBus@smc.edu with instructions and a link to download the pass. See below if you need a 50¢ interagency transfer or don't have a smartphone.
Main Campus is served by BBB lines: 7, 7R, 8, 16, 41, 42, 43, 44 and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station and Colorado. Note: BBB #7 line has extended to Wilshire and Western. It used to stop at Rimpau. R10 midday service has been discontinued.
Bundy/Airport Campuses are served by BBB lines: 14, 44 and Metros Expo train at Bundy Station.
PAC is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 10R, 41, 42, and 44 and Metro's Expo train at 17th Street Station.
Center for Media and Design is served by BBB lines: 5, 16, and 43 and Metro's Expo train at Bergamot Station.
Emeritus is served by BBB lines: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7R 8, 9,10R, 18 & Metro's Expo train at 4th Street Station as well as Metro buses: 4,33, 534, 704, 733
Need a 50¢ interagency transfer or don't have a smartphone ?
Email BigBlueBus@smc.edu to request a TAP card containing a SMC pass be mailed to you. Please note, if you choose this option, you cannot also use the mobile pass option through the Token Transit app. Pleases provide your student ID to verify fee payment.
Students can purchase a discounted Metro pass online.
* See above to receive a 50¢ transfer to Metro or another transit agency from BBB.
How to download your mobile pass from Token Transit
1) To get started, within 24 hours of paying your A.S. fees you will be sent an email from BigBlueBus@smc.edu. which contains instructions and a link to register for the pass.
2) Click on the link in the email and enter your mobile phone number and your @student.smc.edu email address.
2) You will receive a text message with a link to download the Token Transit app or you can download the Token Transit app from your App Store.
3) Once downloaded, open the app, and follow the prompts to create an
account using your @student.smc.edu email address.
4) Once you have created a Token Transit account, you will find your SMC mobile pass in your pass wallet. You’ll receive a mobile pass.. This offer is a benefit of paying you’re A.S. fees and is non-transferrable.
Contact BigBlueBus@smc.edu with questions or request for assistance.