Student Support

Request for Preliminary Unofficial Transcript/Exam Score Evaluation



Preliminary Evaluation Request

This evaluation service is for students who have completed college coursework at a U.S regionally accredited college/university or have completed AP, IB or CLEP exams. The evaluation will determine if the courses satisfy general education requirements for transfer to UC or CSU campuses, or for an SMC degree

Because of the popularity of this service, we will prioritize serving currently enrolled SMC students most likely to benefit from the service. Please read this page in it's entirety before submitting a request. 

Some cases may require that students contact a counselor in order to be better served. Examples of when an online evaluation request will not be processed include the following:

  • You've completed 50 units or more at a college or university (earned a bachelor's or professional degree).

  • You've completed 65 units or more from California Community Colleges.

  • Request for course substitution or equivalency for SMC associate degree and/or certificate of achievement. 
  • Request does not have all transcripts attached. (Courses must be on the transcript of the college where they were taken.) 

  • Request for prerequisite course waivers for math, English, or science courses.

  • A preliminary transcript evaluation was already completed for you.

How to Submit Evaluation Request

Please note: Due to the winter break, we will not be processing any requests December 23rd - January 4th. 

  • Preliminary Evaluation Request

    • Complete the Preliminary Transcript Evaluation Form and attach your transcripts and test score reports.  You will receive a notification to your SMC student email address once your evaluation has been processed, which may take up to 4 weeks depending upon workload.  OR

  • Connect with a Counselor

    • Contact a counselor to request a preliminary transcript evaluation. Counselors are available to assist students with the evaluation process for AA GE, CSU GE , IGETC, SMC B.S GE, and major courses for SMC degrees and certificates.