Student Support

Student Petitions


Please Note the New Policy --Review the eligibility criteria to petition for Academic Renewal and Progress Renewal

If eligibility criteria is met based on your SMC transcript and want to file for renewal you can speak with a counselor or submit your completed academic and/or progress renewal petition via If you have questions about the policy and it's impact your on academic transcript, we encourage you to speak with a counselor.

If eligibility criteria is met by coursework completed at another college or university, you must first request your official transcript to be mailed directly to SMC admissions.  If you are requesting your electronic transcript to be sent,  electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution through an accredited electronic transcript service, such as Parchment, Credentials, or the National Student Clearinghouse. ​​If the order system for the accredited electronic service requires an email address for the recipient, you may provide this email address: 

Note: Santa Monica College does not accept transcripts as email attachments.

Please confirm that your official transcript from another college or university has been received, simply email to verify that your official transcript was received by SMC admissions and scanned for counselor's access.  Once your transcript has been scanned for counselor's access, you may then submit your completed academic and/or progress renewal petition to