How to Connect with a Counselor
Below you will find the different ways General Counseling and Transfer Services meets with students!
CRITICAL- PLEASE READ: The QLess queue will close automatically if the number of students waiting far exceeds available counselors, but you can periodically try again to access the QLess queue. Depending on the current student wait time, we may not be able to reopen for the day. Please have your SMC student ID number, a pen, and paper ready for your callback.
Join the Qless app to get in a virtual line for drop-in counseling by phone. If you are using a phone to sign into Qless, please download the Qless app first (Android or iOS).
Once you have signed in:
- Look for Santa Monica College Counseling Callback.
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready.
- The counselor will call you at the number provided when it's your turn to be seen. Make sure cell phone settings are adjusted to receive a call from an unknown or "no caller ID" number. Otherwise, the call goes to voicemail.
Briefly meet with a counselor through Video Express Counseling. These sessions are limited to 10 minutes. No appointments needed.
Counselors are available for limited telephone appointments and video appointments (Zoom).
Please note, appointment book quickly. If no appointments display when you log in, all appointments have been booked. If you do not find an appointment, please use our Drop-in Counseling and Video Express Services.
Book an appointment through Corsair Connect.
- Click "Book a Counseling Appointment" under SMC Quick Links.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with instructions.
- Video appointments: A Zoom meeting link is provided.
- Phone appointments: Counselors will call the current phone number in your Corsair Connect account. Make sure your phone number is accurate in the Corsair Connect profile settings. Also make sure your phone settings are adjusted to allow "unknown" or "no caller ID" numbers at the time of your appointment. If you cannot be reached, your appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule.
Please call us at 310-434-4210. See our office hours below.