- Be a resident of California, or qualify for the AB540 exemption waiver.
- Apply and receive a California College Promise Grant, Method A or B..
Have full-time enrollment (12+ units) at the time of application in a program leading towards a career/technical certificate, associate degree or transfer to a four-year institution.
Have less than 60 associate degree-applicable units from all colleges attended
- Be educationally disadvantaged through one or more of the following criteria:
NOT qualified for enrollment into the minimum level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree.
NOT a high school graduate nor completed the GED
Have a high school GPA below 2.5
Been previously enrolled in remedial courses in high school and/or college
Be an emancipated foster youth (former foster care youth)
Be a first-generation college student
Be a non-native English speaker
2. On the home page, Click "EOPS/CARE" from the menu on the left hand side.
3. Click "EOPS Application." When the application opens, read the instructions on the first page.
4. Complete the application making sure you enter all the information requested.
5. You must sign the application! Click the signature line in the middle of the last page. A pop-up will open where you can use your mouse like a pen to sign the document. Click "Save."
6. After you have signed the application, click "Submit" next to your signature. The application will then be electronically sent to the EOPS/CARE staff member to process. You will get a message stating your application was submitted
7. Application decisions will be sent to your SMC email account .
8. If you have any difficulties, please contact the EOPS office at EOPSinfo@smc.edu
Applicants will be notified through the Santa Monica College student email system of their application status within 2 weeks. Students accepted into EOPS will be required to attend an EOPS orientation in order to receive services.