We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2023 term now! Please click the link below to submit your application.
See below for more information regarding eligibility requirements, the application process, and for a direct link to our online application.
To be an EOPS student you must:
- Be a resident of California, or qualify for the AB540 exemption waiver.
- Apply and receive a California College Promise Grant, Method A, B or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
Have full-time enrollment ( 12+ units ) at the time of application in a program leading towards a career/technical certificate, associate degree or transfer to a four-year institution.
Have less than 60 associate degree-applicable units from all colleges attended.
- Not have earned an AA/AS, BA/BS, or higher degree.
- Be educationally disadvantaged through one or more of the following criteria:
NOT qualified for enrollment into the minimum level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree.
NOT a high school graduate nor completed the GED
Have a high school GPA below 2.5
Been previously enrolled in remedial courses in high school and/or college
Be an emancipated foster youth (former foster care youth)
Be a first-generation college student
Be a non-native English speaker
Click on the application link and you see a window with "SMC SIGN-ON," enter your SMC username and password. Your username is your last, first, and middle name in this format: lastname_firstname_middlename.
- Complete and submit the form. Forms time-out after 45 minutes If you cannot complete
it, and the form has been enabled to save your progress, click the “Save Progress”
button at the bottom of the page. You can return to it later by login in at www.smc.edu/myforms. The "MyForms" portal shows forms you have submitted and those you have in progress.
- Click on “Pending/Draft Forms”.
- Identify the form you would like to resume and then click on the “Complete Form” button on the right side of the screen.
- To review forms you have submitted in the past, click on “Forms History.” Then click on the icon for PDF or for the HTML view.
- Once you have completed the missing questions/items, click the “Submit” button.
- Once submitted, you will be prompted to view and download a PDF version of the submitted form. You can always see it, too, by login in at the MyForms portal.
5. After you have signed the application, click "Submit" next to your signature. The application will then be electronically sent to the EOPS/CARE staff member to process. You will get a message stating your application was submitted.
6. Application decisions will be sent to your SMC email account .
Applicants will be notified through the Santa Monica College student email system of their application status within a month before the start of the term. Students accepted into EOPS will be required to attend an EOPS orientation in order to receive services.