Our application for Spring 2022 is now open! See below for more information regarding eligibility requirements, the application process, and for a direct link to our online application. *Deadline to apply for Spring 2022 is Monday, February 28, 2022.
- Be a resident of California, or qualify for the AB540 exemption waiver.
- Apply and receive a California College Promise Grant, Method A or B..
Have full-time enrollment (12+ units) at the time of application in a program leading towards a career/technical certificate, associate degree or transfer to a four-year institution.
Have less than 60 associate degree-applicable units from all colleges attended
- Be educationally disadvantaged through one or more of the following criteria:
NOT qualified for enrollment into the minimum level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree.
NOT a high school graduate nor completed the GED
Have a high school GPA below 2.5
Been previously enrolled in remedial courses in high school and/or college
Be an emancipated foster youth (former foster care youth)
Be a first-generation college student
Be a non-native English speaker
1. EOPS Spring 2022 Application (login required)
2. If you see a window with "SMC SIGN-ON," enter your SMC username and password. Your username is your last, first, and middle name in this format: lastname_firstname_middlename.
3. Complete and submit the form. Forms time-out after 45 minutes. If you cannot compelete it, and form has been enabled to save your progress, click the "Save Progress" button at the bottom of the page. You can return to it later by logging in at www.smc.edu/myforms. The "MyForms" portal, shows all forms you have submitted and those you have in progress.
4. Once you have completed the missing questions/items, click the "Signature" section to sign the application electronically. You will be prompted to type in your first and last name.
5. After you have signed the application, click "Submit" next to your signature. The application will then be electronically sent to the EOPS/CARE staff member to process. You will get a message stating your application was submitted.
6. Application decisions will be sent to your SMC email account .
7. If you have any difficulties, please contact the EOPS office at EOPSinfo@smc.edu
Applicants will be notified through the Santa Monica College student email system of their application status within a month before the start of the term. Students accepted into EOPS will be required to attend an EOPS orientation in order to receive services.