In an Emergency 24/7
From any campus phone,
call 4300 or 911
From a mobile phone,
call SMC dispatch
If off-campus, call 911
Beyond Sex Toolbox Series Fall 2020
These 5 workshops will look at current issues and cultural shifts around sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Orientation Workshop - Title IX Leadership Program information and available support and resources at SMC
- Workshop #1 - Preventing Sexual Assault/Creating a Culture of Consent & Respect
- Workshop #2 - Healthy Relationships – Consent is a Man’s Issue, Too
- Workshop #3 - Domestic & Dating Violence/Stalking
- Workshop #4 - Intersectionality Issues – LGBTQ & Marginalized Populations
Title IX Leadership Program
We are also offering you the opportunity to participate in the Title IX Leadership Program. If you are interested you need to attend all workshops starting with the Orientation workshop. Your registration for this Title IX Leadership Program will include all the workshops: the Orientation and 4 workshops. The Title IX Leadership Program is an opportunity for you to became a leader in the area of Title IX and to create a network of like-minded students who do not tolerate any form of sexual harassment and sexual violence on campus or in the community. The Title IX Leadership Program will involve attendance at five workshops. The first workshop will be the orientation and sign up. The remaining four workshops will cover topics that are current and related to what is happening on your campus today, as well as at a local, national and world events level. These workshops will be presented by experts in their field. The culmination of the program for those who successfully complete the program will be a graduation ceremony and the presentation of a certificate from the Santa Monica College Board of Trustees.
Benefits of participating in the Title IX leadership Program:
- Become a leader in a cultural shift around sexual violence.
- Officially be recognized as a student Title IX leader who can assist other students.
- Become part of the SMC community network actively promoting a campus free from sexual violence.
If you have any questions about the Title IX leadership Program email Lisa Winter, Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-434-4225.