The following organizations are a few of many dedicated to supporting survivors of sexual violence every day:
Rape Treatment Center in Santa Monica
24-Hour Rape Hotline: 424-259-6000
Peace Over Violence
24-Hour Rape & Battering Hotline: 301-392-8381
The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (RAINN)
24-Hour Hotline: 800-656-4673
Center for Pacific Asian Family Hotline Website
National Domestic Violence Hotline
National Human Trafficking Hotline
888-373-7888 (TTY: 711) or text them at 233-733
Suicide Prevention Hotline
If you overhear what might be a domestic violence incident, call 911. You could save a life.
Did You Know?
Statistically, you know several victims of domestic violence. It affects 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men.
Over 3 million children every year are exposed to domestic violence.
Children who are exposed to domestic violence are more likely to suffer long-term health problems.
Domestic violence costs over $5.8 billion each year.
Domestic violence knows no boundaries.
Women ages 20–24 are at greater risk of becoming domestic violence victims.
Jackson Katz: Violence Against Women. It's a Men's Issue.
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- 24-hour hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Partners for Peace
- 24-hour helpline: 1-800-863-9909
- 1-800-437-1220 (TTY)
- Community Resources Center
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-877-633-1112
- Center for the Pacific Asian Family
- Santa Monica UCLA Rape Treatment Center
- Peace Over Violence
- LA LGBT Center
- No More Campaigns. Standing up to say NO MORE to domestic violence
- National Network to End Domestic Violence
- CA Victim Compensation Board Victim Resources
- 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence. You probably know someone who could use help.
- Over 60% of domestic violence crimes occur in the family home, but the effects don't stay at home
- Love is Respect: Is it abuse? Find domestic violence warning signs & call or text @loveisrespect for support at any time!