Welcome to Inter-Club Council (ICC)!
Join a Club! - Create a Club! - Develop Leadership Skills! - Make New Friends!
All clubs must follow this process (legacy clubs, clubs from last year, and new clubs).
ICC Flyer of Club Installation 6-step Process:
- Find Members
- Six students are needed to form a club.
- Any group of six (6) or more Associated Students members may form a club on campus
- Find an Advisor
- All clubs need one Primary Advisor (full time faculty or full time manager).
- Additionally, 1-2 co-advisors may be chosen (part-time faculty, full-time faculty, full-time manager, or full-time classified employee)
- Complete Club Logistics
- Complete Club Orientation
- Officers Complete FERPA Training
- Submit electronic Club Registration form and attachments
- Wait for Review by the Office of Student Life
- Reviews GPA, 5 unit and paid AS fees
- Review if advisors are Part Time or Full Time
- Once approved, information sent to ICC communication
- Vote by ICC:
- ICC Communication officer adds clubs to agenda
- If voted by ICC, club is installed during meeting.
- Post-ICC Approval
- Club added to ICC list
- Club can go about official business
The ICC is the voice of all the club members.
The purpose of the Inter-Club Council shall be:
- To promote student awareness of and participation in SMC clubs.
- To establish coordination, communication and cooperation among the officially registered student clubs.
- To promote the development of student leadership and service.
- To promote campus and public awareness of Inter-Club Council Activities.
ICC Officers on the A.S. Board of Directors: The ICC will elect three ICC Officers to serve on the Associated Students Board of Directors, from the club ICC Delegates.
The three ICC Officer Positions to sit on the A.S. Board of Directors are:
- ICC Chair
- ICC Vice Chair
- ICC Communications Officer
The ICC Officers are listed on the "A.S. Board of Directors" page.
Club ICC Delegates: Each Club will need two ICC Delegates.
- The Club President is automatically considered the first club ICC Delegate.
- The second club ICC Delegate is selected by the Club President.
- Only one club ICC Delegate needs to represent the club at the ICC Meetings.
- Anyone can attend the ICC meetings it is an open meeting, but only the Club's ICC Delegates can represent the club during the ICC meetings.
ICC Officer Elections:
- The Inter-Club Council will hold ICC Officer Elections in the Spring Semester, usually the last ICC meeting.
- All the Club ICC Delegates are eligible to run for one of the three ICC Officer Positions to serve on the A.S. Board of Directors.
A good way to get involved at SMC and get to know like-minded students is to join a club that fits your interest or explore new interests!
Contact clubs you are interested in joining, or attend a meeting to see if it is a good fit for you.
Clubs meet or have events during activity hour on Tuesdays / Thursdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.
Club Awareness and Club Row events take place every fall and spring semesters, it is a fun way to explore and enjoy the diverse student clubs of SMC.
Club Registration Forms
- Club Registration Spring 2023 will be available around the 1st-2nd week of February 2023.
- Club Reg. Signature Page -Obtain all signatures and upload to your Club Registration form submission.
- Club Constitution Form - Please complete, obtain all signatures & upload to your Club Registration form submission, only if you do not have a club constitution on file.
- FERPA Info Flyer- NEW for Club President & Delegate to complete training and quiz.
- ICC Club Advisors Responsibilities Info Sheet.
- SMC Board Policy AR4440 - Advisors
Inter-Club Council (ICC) Spring 2023 Schedule:
- All Club Registration paperwork is due by 4:00 p.m. on a Wednesday, at least one week before an ICC Meeting for processing, and Not the same week as the ICC Meeting.
- ICC Meetings are every other Thursday, 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- ICC Agendas & Minutes
- ICC Meeting Zoom Link, also found on the agenda headers.
ICC paperwork DEADLINES
ICC meetings & *events
02/15 Club Registration Packet
02/23 - 100% ($600.00)
03/01 Club Registration Packet
03/9 - 100% ($600.00)
|03/15 Club Registration Packet||
03/23 - 66% ($396.00)
|*03/22 Club Awareness Paperwork by 4:30 p.m.||
*03/30 - Club Awareness from 11:15am-12:30pm
03/29 Club Registration Packet
04/06 - 66% ($396.00)
04/05 Club Registration Packet
04/20 - 33% ($198.00)
*04/05 Club Row Paperwork by 4:30 p.m.
*04/27 - Club Row from 11:15am-12:30pm
04/26 Club Registration Packet
|05/04 - 33% ($198.00) ; ICC Nominations|
05/10 Club Registration Packet
|05/18 - 0% ($0) - ICC Elections|
*05/15 – RSVP to ICC Social by 4:30 p.m.
*05/25 - ICC Social from 4pm-5:30pm
Attention Clubs! after your club is installed, here are the Deadlines:
FALL 2022 DEADLINES:
- FALL 2022 Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, November 16, 2022.
- FALL 2022 last day for A.S./Club events: Sunday, December 4, 2022.
- FALL 2022 Check Request Deadline: Monday, December 12, 2022.
SPRING 2023 DEADLINES:
- SPRING 2023 Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, May 10, 2023.
- SPRING 2023 last day for A.S./Club events: Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
- SPRING 2023 Check Request Deadline: Monday, June 5, 2023.
- How to Sign PDFs Electronically
- ICC Constitution (Revised Spring 2021)
- Club Guidance in a Remote Setting.
- ICC Orientation - NEW updated version as of October 2021 - Info on Everything Pertaining to the ICC Clubs, how to start a club, the two types of club money accounts and how to access them, etc.
- ICC Club Officer Training Video link
- ICC Club Allotment Expense / Balance Sheet Instructions
- Club Expense Sheet
- ICC Club Special Account Instructions - For clubs who fundraised or received donated money.
- ICC Club Minutes BLANK FORM - Clubs can use this form to record their club minutes.
- ICC Officer Roster Form. Do not use this form to register a club. This form is used to change club officers after the club is registered.
Note: for Associated Students forms go to A.S. Forms & Documents Page