SMC Accounting Diversity Conference
Saturday, April 27, 2019
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Please arrive early)
Stromberg Hall (HSS 165)
Free event for SMC students!
Registration Deadline: April 13
Do you plan to major in accounting? Curious about the accounting profession?
The SMC Business department will be hosting a one-day conference to encourage and empower underrepresented minority students to follow a career in accounting.
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who
has even considered the idea of studying accounting or business is highly encouraged
Darline Llamas Llopis, Controller at Los Angeles Rams
Some of the workshops offered:
- Panel of former SMC accounting students
- Panel of accounting professionals from the largest global CPA firms (including Deloitte, PWC, Ernst & Young, and KPMG)
- Personal Branding & Executive Presence
- Successful Interviewing Skills
- Improving Academic Performance
About the Conference
Click for PDF flyer.
Both breakfast and lunch will be served.
Note: You will be networking with various accounting professionals that day. Thus, the dress attire is business casual (no tennis shoes, flip flops, or jeans.)
Sponsored by the SMC Business Department and Workforce & Economic Development.