2021 SMC Accounting Diversity Conference
Monday, April 19, 2021
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Free event for SMC students!
Scroll down for more information.
Do you plan to major in accounting? Curious about the accounting profession?
The SMC Business department will be hosting a three-day virtual conference to encourage and empower underrepresented minority students to follow a career in accounting.
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who has even considered the idea of studying accounting or business is highly encouraged to register.
Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles Lakers
- Monday April 19 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Keynote speaker AJ Harris VP of Accounting and Finance & Controller for the LA Lakers. Accounting Professionals Panel with speakers from all the top global accounting firms (i.e. EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, and RSM). There will be networking opportunities with these speakers at the end of the session.
- Tuesday April 20 from 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Former SMC Accounting students and Young Professionals Panel There will be networking opportunities with these speakers at the end of the session.
- Wednesday April 21
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who has even considered the idea of studying accounting, finance, or business is highly encouraged to attend.
Videos of Some of Our Guest Speakers
- Meet RSM Tax Supervisor David Flores
- David Flores's Journey to Becoming a CPA
- Meet KPMG University Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Networking Tips with KPMG Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Meet EY Campus Recruiter Ricardo Contreras
- Life as an Audit Associate
- Life as a Tax Associate
- Why more minority students should consider a career in accounting.
About the Conference
Sponsored by the SMC Business Department and Workforce & Economic Development.