2022 SMC Accounting Diversity Conference
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Free event for SMC students!
2022 Keynote Speaker
Chief Financial Officer
Los Angeles Clippers
Do you plan to major in accounting? Curious about the accounting profession?
The SMC Business department will be hosting a three-day virtual conference to encourage and empower underrepresented minority students to follow a career in accounting.
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who has even considered the idea of studying accounting or business is highly encouraged to register.
Videos of Some of Our Past Guest Speakers
- Meet RSM Tax Supervisor David Flores
- David Flores's Journey to Becoming a CPA
- Meet KPMG University Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Networking Tips with KPMG Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Meet EY Campus Recruiter Ricardo Contreras
- Life as an Audit Associate
- Life as a Tax Associate
- Why more minority students should consider a career in accounting.
About the Conference
Sponsored by the SMC Business Department and Workforce & Economic Development.
2021 Conference Archive
2021 Keynote Speaker
Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles Lakers
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who has even considered the idea of studying accounting, finance, or business is highly encouraged to attend.