2023 SMC Accounting Diversity Conference
Friday, April 28, 2023
Free event for SMC students!
2023 Keynote Speaker
Director of Advisory
Professor of Accounting USC
Do you plan to major in accounting? Curious about the accounting profession?
The SMC Business department will be hosting a three-day virtual conference to encourage and empower underrepresented minority students to follow a career in accounting.
Accounting is a major that offers guaranteed lifelong job stability. Any student who has even considered the idea of studying accounting or business is highly encouraged to register.
Videos of Some of Our Past Guest Speakers
- Meet RSM Tax Supervisor David Flores
- David Flores's Journey to Becoming a CPA
- Meet KPMG University Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Networking Tips with KPMG Recruiter Jessica Vittas
- Meet EY Campus Recruiter Ricardo Contreras
- Life as an Audit Associate
- Life as a Tax Associate
- Why more minority students should consider a career in accounting.
About the Conference
Sponsored by the SMC Business Department and Workforce & Economic Development.
2022 Conference Archive
2022 Keynote Speaker
Chief Financial Officer
Los Angeles Clippers
2021 Conference Archive
2021 Keynote Speaker
Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles Lakers
2019 Conference Archive
2019 Keynote Speaker
Darline Llamas Llopis
Los Angeles Rams
2018 Conference Archive
2018 Keynote Speaker
Barry Snell CPA