Important Enrollment Changes for Fall 2022
FALL 2022 ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR F-1 STUDENTS:
PLEASE NOTE: Effective Fall 2022 all international students currently in the U.S. must enroll in at least one on-ground or hybrid course in order to maintain their F-1 Visa Status.
If you need help finding and enrolling in on-ground or hybrid courses for Fall 2022, please speak with an International Student Counselor by joining a Zoom Express session.
New Student Travel to the United States
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Negative Test Result Requirement for Entry to the U.S.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a new order for all air passengers traveling to the United States.
Effective November 8, 2021, all F-1 Visa students traveling to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated, provide proof of full vaccination and proof of a negative COVID-19 test 24 hours prior to boarding an airplane to the United States.
PLEASE NOTE: The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has confirmed that for purposes of travel to the U.S., vaccines approved or authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or on the World Health Organization (WHO) emergency use listed (EUL) vaccines will be accepted. Click here for a list of approved vaccines.
Exceptions to this policy will be extremely limited and may apply to:
- Children under 18
- People medically unable to receive the vaccine
- Emergency travelers who do not have timely access to a vaccine
National Interest Exemptions (NIEs) will no longer be needed for noncitizens who were physically present in any of the 33 countries (identified in earlier travel restriction proclamations) during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the U.S.
Expansion of On-Ground Course Offerings for Spring 2022:
Whether you are a new student or a continuing student at Santa Monica College, we encourage you to come and pursue your education in the United States. Beginning in the Spring 2022 semester SMC will offer approximately 500 on-ground class sections.
Spring 2022 New Student Applicants
Here is why you should apply for Spring 2022 Semester:
- During the Spring 2022 semester, Santa Monica College will offer hybrid course options to new students.
- New international students who enroll in a hybrid course, will be issued an I-20 and will be eligible to apply for an F-1 Visa and enter the United States.
- Take advantage of our hybrid courses. You will be able to apply for an F-1 Visa and enter the U.S. to study in both online and hybrid courses.
- SMC's world-renowned faculty and administrators are preparing your online and remote learning experience for Spring 2022.
- Santa Monica College will offer a full catalogue of online and remote course options for the Spring 2022 semester.
- If you are a transfer student in the U.S., you can enroll in as many online courses as you wish and maintain your F-1 Visa status.
Don't wait. Get started towards achieving your educational goals now. Click Below to Apply!