Explore Veterans Success Center
Veteran Success Center collaborates with the Veterans Administration to verify enrollment of students receiving benefits under the G.I. Bill or the Veterans’ Vocational Rehabilitation Program. We provide academic and personal counseling for students.
Connect with Veteran's Resource Center Student Support
Vocational Rehabilitation (VRE&E) and Veteran Success (VetSuccess) Counselor
- Deana Garay: Deana.Garay@va.gov
- Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m by email
US Vets Wellness Counselor (Emotional Health)
- Carl Freeman: email@example.com
- Monday and Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Veterans Success Center Case Managers
Counseling Appointment Requests
Appointment Booking Online
- Log in to Corsair Connect.
- On the main page, scroll down to SMC Quick Links on the left-hand side.
- Click on Book a Counseling Appointment.
- When you are in the booking system, you will be able to sort by Program/Area, Counselor, Day, and Time (Example: Veteran, Sandoval, Tuesday, 8 a.m.).
- Once an appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your SMC email.
- Make a note of your appointment as a reminder to be available during this time.
- You can also cancel existing appointments and view your appointment history.
- Ensure your telephone/cell number is accurate in Corsair Connect by selecting "Enrollment Services" and then "Profile/Preferences".
Video Express Counseling Via Zoom
- Express counseling is for quick questions (for example; prerequisite waivers, unit increase requests, general transfer questions, or GI Bill questions), sessions are ten minutes.
- Video express counseling is not for educational plans or transcript evaluations.
- Call 310-434-8205 and leave a message with your name, student ID, and the nature of your call (note: average response time is 2 business days or less)
- Email VetsOutreach@smc.edu with your concerns or questions.
Documents and Forms
Veterans Success Center Counselors and staff can help you complete and submit important forms that provide academic, financial, and health resources.
Veterans Success Center: Workshops and Events
Veterans Success Center offers workshops and peer mentor resources every Fall and Spring semesters. Check out their website often for upcoming events!
SVA: Student Veterans' Association
Create community among veteran students by joining SVA Chapter at SMC! SVA coordinates social and academic activities for Veteran students, as well as opportunities for community service.
Veterans Success Center Newsletter
Keep up to date with Veteran Success Center information by checking their newsletter every semester. Do not miss out on important information for Veterans
Thrive with Veterans Resource Center Navigation Tools
Utilize these tools to successfully navigate Veterans Success Center services and resources.