Discover Tutoring's Navigation Guide
Tutoring helps students gain comprehension and confidence in building learning skills. Tutoring services promote student success including:
- One-on-One Tutoring
- Group-Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Math Workshops and more!
SMC has a variety of free tutoring services available, online and in-person. The in-person tutoring spaces are located across multiple areas on campus. Please make sure you review each tutoring area's policies, goals and hours of operation.
Tutoring Lab & Services:
- Log into Corsair Connect.
- From your home page, you can click on the "Tutoring" button under "Make a New Appointment."
- If you don’t have an account already, you will be prompted to fill in your personal information and REGISTER. Providing your cell phone number at the bottom of the page will allow you to receive text notifications regarding your appointment (recommended).
- Choose the tutoring center you want from the drop-down "Schedules" menu at the top-center of the page.
- Select your preferences in the “Find an Appointment” box at the bottom of the page. If you prefer to search for an appointment using the calendar display rather than the “Find an Appointment” search, click on the “View Calendar Display” link below the "Find Appointments” button.
- When you find a time and tutor you want, click “Reserve” and complete the pop-up box.
- Be sure to click “Create Appointment” at the bottom of the window.
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming the location, date, time and tutor. Please arrive on time.
Tutoring strengthens students learning skills and how to become successful lifelong learners and academic scholars. Learn how to achieve a successful tutoring session:
- Bring relevant materials, such as lecture notes, assignments, book, and graded tests.
- Have specific questions you want to ask the tutor.
- Do your homework (attempt all questions) to identify what you truly need assistance with.
- Make a note as to where you struggle, this will save time in the tutoring session, getting directly to solving the problem.
- Establish a goal ahead of time for the tutoring session and tell your tutor exactly what you hope to accomplish.
- Remember established goals.
- Take notes during the tutoring session on such things as explanations and instructions for working through problems.
- Explain to the tutors your learning style and how you approach or think about a problem so that the tutor can help you accordingly.
- Pay close attention to how the tutor approaches a problem so that you can try that method when the tutor is not around.