Discover Center for Students with Disabilities Navigation Guide
The Center for Students with Disabilities (DSPS) offers a diverse range of services to support our students such as specialized equipment, test proctoring, and note taking. In addition to many other accommodations for those who are eligible.
- Academic counseling
- Personal counseling
- Assistive technology
- Learning Disability Assessment
- Acquire Brain Injury Assessment
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Special classes designed for students with disabilities.
- See “Counseling – Disabled Student Services” section of class schedule.
- Textbooks/classroom materials in an alternate format (e-text, Braille, audiotape, mp3, captioning of videos and DVD’s)
- Test accommodations
- Priority registration when appropriate
- In-class assistant (scribe, reader, note-taker)
- Equipment (alpha smart, audio recorder) when available
- Special furniture or equipment (table and chair)
SMC students with a verified disability and needs accommodations related to educational limitations are eligible for services.
Verification includes students providing documentation of disability from a licensed or qualified professional.
If documentation is not available, it is recommend to meet with a DSPS/CSD Counselor. No student should delay meeting with DSPS/CSD out of concern for not having appropriate paperwork.
For DSPS/CSD Services SMC Student should:
- Complete Application: App PSF
- Read, sign, date, & return: Students Rights & Responsibilities Form
- If applicable:
- Submit your verification of disability document at email@example.com or directly to the counselor with whom you will have an appointment.
- Schedule a counseling appointment
- Call: 310-434-4265
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online via Corsair Connect (continuing students only)