Discover Center for Students with Disabilities Navigation Guide
The Center for Students with Disabilities (DSPS) offers a diverse range of services to support our students such as specialized equipment, test proctoring, and note taking. In addition to many other accommodations for those who are eligible.
Services (include but are not limited to):
- Academic counseling
- Personal counseling
- Assistive technology
- Learning Disability Assessment
- Acquire Brain Injury Assessment
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Special classes designed for students with disabilities.
- See “Counseling – Disabled Student Services” section of class schedule.
- Textbooks/classroom materials in an alternate format (e-text, Braille, audiotape, mp3, captioning of videos and DVD’s)
- Test accommodations
- Priority registration when appropriate
- In-class assistant (scribe, reader, note-taker)
- Equipment (alpha smart, audio recorder) when available
- Special furniture or equipment (table and chair)
SMC students with verifiable disabilities who need accommodations to mitigate their disability related educational limitations should contact the CSD office for eligibility and services.
Verification includes students providing documentation of disability from a licensed or qualified professional.
If documentation is not available, it is recommend to meet with a DSPS/CSD Counselor. No student should delay meeting with DSPS/CSD out of concern for not having appropriate paperwork.
For DSPS/CSD Services SMC Student should:
- Complete Application: App PSF
- Read, sign, date, & return: Students Rights & Responsibilities Form
- If applicable:
- Submit your verification of disability document at email@example.com or directly to the counselor with whom you will have an appointment.
- Schedule a counseling appointment
- Call: 310-434-4265
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online via Corsair Connect (continuing students only)